This project is designed to engage children in the natural world, specifically the marine environment. We encourage a sense of stewardship and connectedness. BOP, within each project continues to inspire young people to collaborate and develop their own concepts, nurturing a deeper understanding of human impacts upon fragile ecosystems. Working together we produce art exhibits, culminating in a huge sense of pride amongst pupils.
- Science – Half day Liverpool World Museum session (plankton sampling, use of microscopes, food chain lesson).
- Nature Detectives – Nature Day at marine coastal reserve and beach clean.
- In School marine biology lessons given by experts in the field.
- Art Day – Production of World Museum exhibit and/or help with production of short film/animation. Certificates for pupils awarded at end of project.
- Free Session from a choice of topics when project booked. Cost of project, including all equipment, art materials and production of exhibit is £450.
Spring term start date: 2nd March 2015
Summer term start date: 5th May 2015
Starting dates are flexible for the first week. Each runs for 5 weeks.
Sessions are suitable for ages 6 – 12 & based on curricular & extra-curricular topics but can easily be tailored to suit your individual learning needs.